openoffice-users mailing list archives

From mt>
Subject Re: OpenOffice mac
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 07:35:00 GMT
On 15/5/14 at 6:19 AM, (Andrea Pescetti) wrote:

>On 12/05/2014 mt wrote:
>>Is there somewhere an explanation of what "older" Mac users are missing
>>out on?
>It is a purely technical choice we had to make to take
>advantage of 64-bit Mac OS X applications and avoid the
>dependency on now deprecated build tools. It was discussed at
>length on the dev list, since it was clear that we needed to
>drop support for older Mac OS X releases in order to better
>support the newer ones.

OK, thank you Andrea.

Do you know if there's a way to turn off the "OpenOffice update
available - Click here for further information" warning I get
when I start OO on my Mac OS X 10.6.8?

I find that's a less than useful piece of information, given
that there is really no update available for the OO version I
can run on my system :-)

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8

List Conduct Guidelines:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message