openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Robert Funnell <robert.funn...@mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: no icon for Track Changes
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 11:35:43 GMT
On Thu, 1 May 2014, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 09:29 01/05/2014 +0300, Ivan Penev wrote:
>> I do NOT find any icon for your "Track Changes" feature; please advise how
>> I create or customize such an icon. Actually, it could be very helpful to
>> have it on the toolbar.
>
> o Open a text (Writer) document.
> o Either: go to Tools | Customize... | Toolbars; under OpenOffice.org
> Toolbars, select your preferred toolbar.
> o Or: click the down arrow at the extreme right of your preferred toolbar and
> select Customize toolbar... .
> o Click Add... .
> o Under Category, select Edit.
> o Under Commands, scroll down and select Record.
> o Click Add and Close.
> o Your new icon appears in the list of Commands; use the up and down arrows
> to move it to our preferred position in the toolbar.
> o OK.
>
> The new Record button acts as a toggle, of course.

On my Web page at http://audilab.bme.mcgill.ca/~funnell/swil_ooo.html
are two icons that I created for this purpose, and a pointer to
instructions for associating icons with commands. The instructions
given above by Brian Barker can then be used to add the commands and
their new icons to the toolbar.

- Robert