openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Leonie Bevan <leoniebe...@bigpond.com>
Subject Re: Spurious 4.1 update reminder
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 01:18:10 GMT
UNSUBCRIBE ME DIDN’T JOIN THIS ADDRESS I DON’T WANT SCAM IN MY INBOX THANKS
On 7 May 2014, at 9:53 pm, steveperry0@gmail.com wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Just received a message telling me that an update to 4.1 is available. However this is
not actually true as am stuck on OS X 10.5.8 (leopard) for which AOO 4.1 is incompatible.

> Not sure how these things work, but if they sense the OS it would seem desirable to stop
such reminders for those who have been shut out. Presumably they are going to continue ad
infinitum otherwise, and are going to fool the inattentive into a big download and attempts
at installing to no purpose other than to create disappointment.