openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Alan B <abo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no icon for Track Changes
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 11:44:49 GMT
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Ivan <ipenev@mail.orbitel.bg> wrote:

> I do NOT find any icon for your "Track Changes" feature; please advise how
> I create or customize such an icon. Actually, it could be very helpful to
> have it on the toolbar. Thank you so much for your time!

Ivan, please be sure to review the chapter Dave refers to. The link to the
specific chapter is
https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/images/8/86/0217WG3-CustomizingWriter.pdf

As regards drag and drop to tool bar, it is likely that is a reference to
the customization process.

Select "View | Toolbars | Customize..." from the menu.

The "Customize" dialog opens prepared for editing the Standard toolbar. If
the "Add..." button is clicked an "Add Commands" dialog appears with two
list boxes, "Category" and "Commands". Entries in the "Commands" list box
can be dragged into the "Toolbar Content Commands" list box of the
"Customize" dialog.

The drag and drop doesn't happen directly onto the toolbar in Writer. It is
done between the "Add Commands" and "Customize" dialog boxes.

The commands for revision marking are found in two categories in the "Add
Commands" dialog.

In the "Add Commands" dialog select "View" from the "Category" list and
then find "Show" on the "Commands" list. Add that to the desired toolbar by
drag and drop or by using the "Add" button.

The other revision marking commands will be found by selecting "Edit" from
the "Category" list. The relevant commands that are now available in the
"Commands" list are "Accept Change", "Accept or Reject", "Protect Records",
"Record" and finally "Reject Change".

None of these commands has a default icon so you will need to select your
own icon for each so the button isn't just a flat gray box on the modified
toolbar.