openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Hogan <bad...@hiwaay.net>
Subject Re: open office installation on my mac
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 18:31:35 GMT
I had the same problem. The solution was to click on Preferences under the Apple, select Security
& Privacy. You will get the message Allow Apps downloaded from Mac App Store or Mac App
Store and Identified Developers or Anywhere. You will have to enter your password which will
allow you to
click on the lock to make changes. Click on the lock to unlock, then select Anywhere. You
should then be able to install Open Office.
After installed go back and select Mac App Store and Identified Developers, then click on
the lock, which will get you back to a safe place,
Since Open Office has many,many developers Apple will not recognize it as a safe application.