openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice mac
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 00:08:41 GMT
On 05/19/2014 02:22 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
> On 2014-05-19, 5:24 AM mt wrote:
>> But I suppose I'll have to live with that, at least until I can
>> afford a new computer, able to run the latest OS!
>> MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8
> That model of MacBook Pro should run the latest version of OS X.
> http://www.apple.com/support/osx/upgrade/

      One solution for older computers running OS X 10.x for those who
want to do so: Ubuntu runs quite well on Ubuntu and likely other
versions of Linux. (This is for computers that have the Intel
motherboard.) I have Ubuntu 14.04 (April 2014) running on a MacBook (OS
X 10.4 was the original OS installation). But you have to be willing to
leave the Apple way of doing things...

--Dan