openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: Spurious 4.1 update reminder
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 04:54:43 GMT
Have you read the email down to the bottom?

On 12-5-2014 11:18, Leonie Bevan wrote:
> UNSUBCRIBE ME DIDN'T JOIN THIS ADDRESS I DON'T WANT SCAM IN MY INBOX THANKS
> On 7 May 2014, at 9:53 pm, steveperry0@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Just received a message telling me that an update to 4.1 is available. However this
is not actually true as am stuck on OS X 10.5.8 (leopard) for which AOO 4.1 is incompatible.

>> Not sure how these things work, but if they sense the OS it would seem desirable
to stop such reminders for those who have been shut out. Presumably they are going to continue
ad infinitum otherwise, and are going to fool the inattentive into a big download and attempts
at installing to no purpose other than to create disappointment.