openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Don Daugherty <ddaughe...@sunflower.com>
Subject Re: saving as doesn't let me see destination options
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 14:20:26 GMT
On 4/1/2014 8:37 AM, Joan E. Penzenstadler wrote:
> In open office writer, I try to save a new document; I can type in the name of the document,
but in the destination space I can no longer get a choice of destinations.  It only offers
"documents" but clicking on that doesn't give me the sub-levels any more.  Same when I try
Save As.  This just started recently and I'm going crazy trying to find a way to get that
document into the right folder.

> Did I hit something somewhere?
>

> Also, in my Documents page, when I was trying to move a document there into an existing
folder by dragging it, it knocked that folder into another folder and now I have a hell of
a time finding where it went.
> How can I find it without having to open every folder in Documents?
>
>   The problem seems to be with my hellaciously oversensitive touch pad that keeps opening
up everything it crosses or even gets near.  I am 76 and sometimes have an unsteady hand.

I am 78 and also sometimes have an unsteady hand.  Try double-clicking if you can (I had to
adjust my mouse settings in Control Panel to be able to double-click.)

---