openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: TOC bug
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 15:37:15 GMT
At 13:03 07/05/2014 -0700, Caitlyn Johnston wrote:
>In Writer, when I generate a Table of Contents, the first level of
>header (H1) is left out.

The default first heading level is "Heading 1"; there is no "H1" by
default. Have you perhaps inherited this document from an HTML one?

>It only includes the 2nd and 3rd headers. Is this a bug?

Probably not.

>If not, what am I doing wrong?

The table of contents facility allows ten levels of headings, and
these are related by default to the paragraph styles "Heading 1" to
Heading 10". But this can be configured, even to use custom styles,
and it may be that you have done this, using a custom H1 style
amongst others. If you do this, you need to set the associations
between heading levels and paragraph styles. You can do this - and in
any case make any corrections - at Tools | Outline Numbering... |
Numbering. Select each level in the Level column and its appropriate
corresponding paragraph style from the drop-down list. The
implication is that you currently don't have your first heading
paragraph style anywhere in the list.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker