openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: editing endnotes/footnotes
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 07:23:08 GMT
At 01:03 08/05/2014 -0700, George H. Johnson wrote:
>When using Insert Footnotes/Endnotes, I get the symbols for the
>endnotes i.e. (1) in different font sizes. There seems too be no
>pattern to it. Note (3) will come up in a smaller font size than Note (4).

Surely you would expect that - at least in the sense that the format
of the footnote anchor is related to its surrounding text, being in
the same font and at a size which is a fixed fraction of the
surrounding text size.

>Also I would like to use standard font position (and size) rather
>than superscript. Selecting this in either Insert or Tools doesn't work.

o Go to Format | Styles and Formatting (or click the Styles and
Formatting button in the Formatting toolbar or press F11).
o Click the Character Styles button in its toolbar.
o Right-click the "Footnote anchor" character style and select Modify... .
o On the Position tab, choose Normal for Position.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker