openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "lacor@akeonet.com" <la...@akeonet.com>
Subject ANN] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 released
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 12:20:15 GMT
Difficult to get hold of you for comments !

Ever since I installed 4.0.1 I get a message (Opening an exel / word file, that an "update"
or something similar is required - tiring ! A "Microsoft gag ?

(L'OPéRATION DEMANDE NECESSITE UNE ELEVATION....- vers quoi, la sinteté ?

TAKE CARE - LACOR The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate availability
of OpenOffice 4.1.0. You can download it from our website [1]. Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a
minor update with many bugfixes and 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we
have the iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step forward to better
support disabled users especially on Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit
on MacOS. A long and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs and platforms on
MacOS. And AOO 4.1.0 increases again the number of supported languages which is now 38. The
supported languages are Asturian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English (GB + US),
Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Scots Gaelic, Galician, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian,
Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmal, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese
Brazil, Russian, Slovak, Serbian Cyrillic, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese
(Simplified + Traditional). Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 will be a further key milestone to continue
the success of OpenOffice. Details of new features and enhancements in this release are described
in the Release Notes [2]. Those interested in the source code can download it via the links
on this page [3]. Regards, Juergen Schmidt, Apache OpenOffice Release Manager and member of
the Project Management Committee [1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/ [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes
[3] https://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html