openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: editing endnotes/footnotes
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 07:09:38 GMT
On Thu, 08 May 2014 01:03:24 -0700
"George H. Johnson" <dricksjohnson@comcast.net> wrote:

> When using Insert Footnotes/Endnotes, I get the symbols for the endnotes
> i.e. (1) in different font sizes. There seems too be no pattern to it.
> Note (3) will come up in a smaller font size than Note (4).
> Also I would like to use standard font position (and size) rather than
> superscript. Selecting this in either Insert or Tools doesn't work.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> George H. Johnson
> and
> Louise Goodman

If the footnote anchors are in differing sizes, you may perhaps be applying direct formatting
which overrides the defined style. You should remove any direct formatting by selecting the
affected text and pressing Ctrl M (Cmd M on a Mac?).

You should adjust paragraph styles Footnote and Endnote in Styles and Formatting (1st icon
from left) in Styles and Formatting window) and character styles Footnote Anchor and Footnote
Characters, Endnote Anchor and Endnote Characters (second icon from left in Styles and Formatting)
to suit your requirements.

Apologies for the delay in replying. There was a major server failure which has taken much
time to fix.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>