openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Windows 8
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 08:16:30 GMT
On Sat, 3 May 2014 23:41:41 -0700
Krista Hamilton <whitewolf361@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am having an issue with the OpenOffice Writer. Every time I try to
> use Web View, it ends up slowing the program to un-usability. I've tried to
> compatibility troubleshooter, Hi PDI scaling, disable Hi DPI scaling,
> compatibility mode, no compatibility mode, etc. Can't seem to get it to
> work in Web View seamlessly.
>
> I'm running Windows 8.1, on a 2014 Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (with 3200x1800
> display).
>
> Thank you for your time.

There was an earlier problem (fixed in 8.x? - I'm not sure) with OpenOffice running on displays
wider than 2560 pixels. Try reducing your display width, as a short term expedient, to see
if this improves response.

Be aware that OO does not produce the best HTML code; if you are doing serious work in HTML
OO may not be the best tool of choice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>