openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <>
Subject Re: saving as doesn't let me see destination options
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:12:27 GMT
On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 13:37:23 -0000, Joan E. Penzenstadler <> wrote:

> In open office writer, I try to save a new document; I can type in the name of the document,
but in the destination space I can no longer get a choice of destinations.  It only offers
"documents" but clicking on that doesn't give me the sub-levels any more.  Same when I try
Save As.  This just started recently and I'm going crazy trying to find a way to get that
document into the right folder.
> Did I hit something somewhere?
> Also, in my Documents page, when I was trying to move a document there into an existing
folder by dragging it, it knocked that folder into another folder and now I have a hell of
a time finding where it went.
> How can I find it without having to open every folder in Documents?
>  The problem seems to be with my hellaciously oversensitive touch pad that keeps opening
up everything it crosses or even gets near.  I am 76 and sometimes have an unsteady hand.

please specify your operating system. open/save dialogues are usually system-specific, not

List Conduct Guidelines:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message