openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Alan B <abo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with files
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:45:53 GMT
On Apr 3, 2014 9:32 PM, "Philippe Liniere" <lechefphilippe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Why is microsoft word hijacking my files? it appears that when I save a
file it saves it in word as an odt file and then when I want to retrieve it
and open the file it ask me for a product key.

Philippe, is it MS Word that is opening the file and asking for product
key? If yes then the copy of Word on the computer is likely a trial
version. This comes preinstalled on many computers. After using it for a
time, 90 days I think, the product stops working until a license fee is
paid to MS.

If the above is the case I suggest download and install OpenOffice from the
official site. Then use it for your document editing/creation.

If downloaded from the official site it will be no cost, will not require
registration and should do what you're expecting re document editing.

The official site is
https://www.openoffice.org