openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Alan B <abo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: printer
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 16:38:42 GMT
On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Joe Tomaselli <Joetomaselli5@verizon.net>wrote:

> After I print a letter and go to mailing... where is the print button to
> print an envelope?

Use "Insert | Envelope..." from the menu to get to a dialog to print to an
envelope. To have a print envelope button it is necessary to modify the
tool bar to show a button for this feature. It is not there by default.

> I wrote a letter and tried to delete it but keep the heading but it will
> not delete. Why not?

Not sure but... perhaps the document is read only? Right-click on the
document. If an "Edit" option is displayed on the pop-up menu that appears,
click "Edit". The document will then be ready to edit.

If the operating system (perhaps you're using Windows?) sees the file as
read-only then clicking "Edit" on the pop-up menu will display a message
asking if you'd like to edit a copy of the document. Click "Yes" to edit a
copy. If the original file must be edited then need to use Windows to
change the file from read-only to read/write.

This may seem like double-speak, sorry. The file can be read-only from AOOs
point of view or from Windows point of view. If clicking "Edit" as
described above causes the question "do you want to edit a copy of the
document" to appear then Windows (if that's what you're using) sees the
file as read-only. AOO will not over ride that and so asks you if you'd
like to edit a copy. If Windows sees the file as read/write then AOO will
make the document editable immediately after clicking edit on the pop-up
menu and won't ask if you'd like to edit a copy.