openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Miranda Skerman <mjsker...@hotmail.com>
Subject ABC2 Television Series: 8MMM - Open Office usage query
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:38:16 GMT
Hi there
My name is Miranda Skerman and I am working on an ABC2 comedy series about an Aboriginal radio
station called "8MMM", which is being filmed in Alice Springs.
We would love to download Open Office to use in our radio station "offices" - just to have
something happening on the computer screen in there.
Could you please advise me if any permissions are needed to have Open Office on display?
It would mostly be incidental/background but there may be instances where an actor interacts
with the computer a little.
Also, I haven't downloaded it yet so I don't know what we would do exactly, but can we modify
it at all and still display it?  Does that need permission?
Thanks so much for your assistance, I really appreciate it.
Kind regards
Miranda SkermanArt Director8MMM0438 650 690
INFORMATION SHEET8MMM ABORIGINAL RADIO 8MMM is a 6 x 30 minute comedy series for ABC2 television.
8MMM is the first Aboriginal written and directed comedy series. Writers are Trisha Morton-
Thomas from Alice Springs and Danielle MacLean from Darwin. Directors are Dena Curtis from
Tennant Creek and Adrian Wills from Singleton, NSW. Brindle Films is an Alice Springs based
production company, comprising of producers Rachel Clements (ex CAAMA Executive Producer)
and Trisha Morton-Thomas (ex Senior Commissioning Editor, NITV). Anna Cadden (ex PAW Media)
is also on the producing team. Synopsis8MMM is radio made for Aboriginal people, by Aboriginal
people… and those who’ve come to save the Aboriginal people: the dreaded triple M’s.
Alice Springs-based Aboriginal radio station 8MMM has been infiltrated by the dreaded triple
M’s of Central Australia – well-meaning whitefellas who fit the mould of missionaries,
mercenaries or misfits. They will save your soul, steal your assets and your culture, and
you won't notice until after you've stopped laughing at them. At 8MMM, blackfellas and whitefellas
must work together to make the station a success. With limited funding and facing social and
political hurdles at every corner, 8MMM’s motley crew of media workers struggle with misunderstandings
and ignorance. And that’s just within the building. Saving Aboriginal people from themselves
is hard work and closing the gap has never been funnier. Filming DatesFilming in and around
Alice Springs from 28th April to 6th June, 2014.