openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tony Gallas <tony.gal...@spin.net.au>
Subject Re: Word docs
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:46:52 GMT
You shouldn't have any problems with most docs. The only trouble I have
had has been with word docs with text boxes. The formatting didn't
translate very well at all, boxes all over the place and different
sizes. I haven't solved that one yet.

On 6/04/2014 10:01 PM, James Knott wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>> I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 8.1 but does not come with Microsoft
office which I had on my old xp desktop pc
>> I have numerous word docs on the old pc which are also held on BT cloud. Not been
too clever with computers I am unaware how I can transfer these docs to the new laptop
>> If I download open office onto the new laptop would it be possible for the old word
docs held in the cloud to be downloaded to the laptop and be opened / read etc and then printed
/ attached etc etc  to emails etc as would be the case with Microsoft office.
>> If I wrote a new document in OpenOffice and attached to email would recipient be
able to read it if they only had Microsoft office etc
>> Sorry for asking what for some will be very basic questions but any help advice would
be very gratefully received as I cannot afford to buy MO but really need to use my old word
docs