openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Word docs
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:31:31 GMT
Keith wrote:
> I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 8.1 but does not come with Microsoft
office which I had on my old xp desktop pc
> I have numerous word docs on the old pc which are also held on BT cloud. Not been too
clever with computers I am unaware how I can transfer these docs to the new laptop
> If I download open office onto the new laptop would it be possible for the old word docs
held in the cloud to be downloaded to the laptop and be opened / read etc and then printed
/ attached etc etc  to emails etc as would be the case with Microsoft office.
> If I wrote a new document in OpenOffice and attached to email would recipient be able
to read it if they only had Microsoft office etc
> Sorry for asking what for some will be very basic questions but any help advice would
be very gratefully received as I cannot afford to buy MO but really need to use my old word
docs
> Thanks in anticipation

You should be able to open any Word documents you have saved anywhere,
just as you would with Word.