openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dave Barton>
Subject Re: open office
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 10:12:45 GMT
-------- Original Message --------
From: john w Shaw <>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 10:43:22 +0100

> Hi, Can I download the word processor application alone as I do not really
> need the rest or do I have to accept the whole package? Thanks John.

Hi John,

You cannot download the Writer word processor alone, because, unlike
other "office" programs, the software is an integrated suite of
applications built around a large common core, not a "cobbled together"
collection of individual programs. It is possible to install just the
Writer module, but you would be well advised not to do this because you
will loose features provided to Writer module by the other modules. Plus
the tiny amount of disk space saved is not worth worrying about.

List Conduct Guidelines:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message