openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Password Locked Files Won't open.
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 20:27:44 GMT
Veenal Patel wrote:
> I got Open Office a few weeks ago, before I had Open Office I used Microsoft Word 2013
and I had made a file which I saved with a password locked to it, I went to go and open up
that file with Open Office it comes up with something called “Filter Selection” and it
has a lot of types of files you could open that file with. I clicked on one and it came with
an error.

I don't believe the password method used in Word is compatible with the
one in OpenOffice.  You'll have to open it in Word, then save without a
password.  Once you have it in OpenOffice, you can apply a password again.