openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Don Daugherty <ddaughe...@sunflower.com>
Subject Re: email address formatting in Calc
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:21:52 GMT
On 3/31/2014 7:21 PM, phalbe henriksen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a Calc spreadsheet that contain about 400 email addresses. They are
> formatted as plain text, hyper-linked in blue and underlined, and
> hyper-linked in blue, underlined with a gray background.
>
> How can I change the special formatting and make them all plain text?
> Nothing I've tried works.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Phalbe Henriksen
> working on 50th class reunion

You might try using Paste Special, i.e.,
1.  Create a new sheet in the same spreadsheet file
2.  On the page containing the email addresses select the block of cells
containing the addresses and press Ctrl+C.
3.  Then go to the new page and press Shift+Ctrl+V (or Click Edit >
Paste Special...).  This brings up the Paste Special dialog box.  Under
Select, check Text, Numbers, and Date&Time, and uncheck all other
choices.  Under Options nothing should be checked; under Operations only
None should be dotted, and under Shift Cells only Don't Shift should be
dotted.  Click OK.

If this does what you want, you can replace step 3 with
3'.  Press Shift+Ctrl+V (or Click Edit > Paste Special...).  This brings
up the Paste Special dialog box.  Under Select, check Text, Numbers, and
Date&Time, and uncheck all other choices.  Under Options nothing should
be checked; under Operations only None should be dotted, and under Shift
Cells only Don't Shift should be dotted. Click OK.  In other words, you
can Paste Special back into the original cells, thus  converting them to
the desired  format.

---