openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Printing text Doc
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 12:41:04 GMT
Do you have this problem with all pages, or only some?

Is this a Windows thing, or, is it a vendor provided feature?

I assume that at some level Microsoft supports this because I found one
place where they claim that some web pages will not shrink to fit if a
page specifies "exactly where text should print". In other words, if I
say "Print this one inch from the top and three inches from the left",
it will not properly shrink. I found this on a windows 7 FAQ, so, no
idea if it is related or not.

A few disclaimers: I rarely ever use Windows 8, so I have little
familiarity with it. I do own a Windows 8.1 machine, but I rarely ever
use it.

That said, What happens if you export the document to PDF and then try
to print the PDF with shrink to fit? This may provide a work-around,
and, if it still fails to print, you can suspect that something else may
be happening.

On 04/01/2014 08:06 PM, cariad4543@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi. I have Windows 8.1 and having trouble printing a whole document in Open Office. Although
I’ve set my printer settings to ‘fit the page’ the printed document is missing some
information on the left side. I’m a mature lady and only use Open Office occasionally’
but find this frustrating

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php