openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Printing text Doc
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:04:04 GMT
On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 16:44:59 -0000
"johnny smith" <kanni@krovatka.su> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 00:06:25 -0000, <cariad4543@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi. I have Windows 8.1 and having trouble printing a whole document in Open Office.
Although I’ve set my printer settings to ‘fit the page’ the printed document is missing
some information on the left side. I’m a mature lady and only use Open Office occasionally’
but find this frustrating

> as a temporary workaround, you can export your document to pdf and print it from a pdf
reader. adobe reader, for example, has its own 'fit the page' feature, which might be more
portable than windows' native one.

There are two sets of settings and both have to match. /Format /Page would normally be A4/US
Letter, Portrait.
In /File /Print, select the printer, then press the Properties button. Paper size should match
that for /Format /Page, Orientation should also match, and paper selection probably from default
cassette (normally A4/US Letter and Portrait). Then Press OK.
On the Page Layout tab, 1 page per sheet should be selected.

Get all that working and we can go into detailed settings for difficult cases, such as printing
Brochures or duplex, or multiple pages per sheet.

 --
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>