openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Keith <thropemail-t...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Word docs
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 20:11:58 GMT
I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 8.1 but does not come with Microsoft office
which I had on my old xp desktop pc
I have numerous word docs on the old pc which are also held on BT cloud. Not been too clever
with computers I am unaware how I can transfer these docs to the new laptop
If I download open office onto the new laptop would it be possible for the old word docs held
in the cloud to be downloaded to the laptop and be opened / read etc and then printed / attached
etc etc  to emails etc as would be the case with Microsoft office.
If I wrote a new document in OpenOffice and attached to email would recipient be able to read
it if they only had Microsoft office etc
Sorry for asking what for some will be very basic questions but any help advice would be very
gratefully received as I cannot afford to buy MO but really need to use my old word docs
Thanks in anticipation

Keith

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android