openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "MSAESQ" <Tempr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Total Noobie Question--Text Docs (Letters)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:51:07 GMT
Apologies if I’m in the wrong department.

I have used MS Word for years but for many reasons I want to replace it with Open Office.

I tried my first business letter today (without making a Template unless a Template will help
me in the long run).

If I can get ALL of my Open Office Letters set up as follows that would be great but I cannot
seem to do it in proper sequence (or at all).

Letter Size (8.5” X 11 “); Single Line Spacing; Full Justified Margins without hyphenizations
(if the word cannot fit on a line continue full word on next line); Space to each side margins
0.8 “; Space from top: 1.4”
Space from bottom : 1.2”; Space between paragraphs: 1 blank line.

I’m not sure whether this question (asking for some type of sequencing/selection options/saving)
is far too complex for a response or far too simple but I spent >1hour simply trying to
setup a Doc/Letter page per
the above and it seemed if I got part of it right, other aspects I had no clue.

Any dumbed-down assistance appreciated (and will get me away from MS Word). If I’m in the
wrong department a link to the correct area of Open Office would be helpful.

Thanks,

Michael

Temprock@hotmail.com