openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Don Daugherty <ddaughe...@sunflower.com>
Subject Re: A shortcut to open just the Writer section
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:57:04 GMT
Ivan wrote:
>> How can I create a desktop shortcut just for opening the Writer section of Open Office?
Do I have to view all of the sub-programs before I can open Writer?

>> Ivan
Do it ONCE the long way.  In Win 7 or 8 right-click on its icon in the
taskbar and choose Pin this program to the taskbar.  Close the program
and the icon will remain there.  If you don't like exactly where it's
sitting, click and drag it left or right.  If you don't want to leave it
pinned, right-click on the  icon and choose Properties.  In the
properties window look for Target; its contents will be highlighted in
blue.  Press Ctrl+C to copy those contents. Close the properties
window.  Right-click on the desktop , choose New >  Shortcut; Paste in
the contents copied from the Target. (Mine looks like "C:\Program Files
(x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -- yours will probably be
somewhat different .)  This creates a new icon on the desktop.
If you're using a different version of Windows you may have to adapt
some of these steps to your situation.  Hope this helps.

---