openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tom Panfil <tap.h...@verizon.net>
Subject BRIGHT IDEA: was: Re: Open Office not opening]
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:35:51 GMT
The next point rev release of Open Office should include a modified
version of the useless dialog box which has bedeviled so many users.

It should say something like:

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Tom