openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: saving as HTML HELP
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:33:19 GMT
Henry Rappaport wrote:
> I am having trouble converting my word or odt saved files to html and
> preserving the format.  ...
> where the lines end and new spacing are very important to me

Many formatting features are lost when saving in HTML format with File -
Save As (from Writer), but newlines and paragraphs are preserved
(spacing between lines, though, is often not preserved, meaning that you
get the default spacing in your browser).

Anyway, a single column of poetry should still have more or less the
same structure: if you have specific formatting problems please let us
know (or upload screenshots to an image hosting service and send links
here): we might be able to give you some formatting tips for a better
HTML export.

List Conduct Guidelines:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: