openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta released
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:07:18 GMT
John Young wrote:
> I eventually found a link to the executable but when installed it only produced frequent
errors and was difficult to uninstall.
> Please don't send links to untested releases to users like myself who are unable to deal
with them.

We don't. This release, while being a beta release, went through all the
usual quality checks we do for "real" releases, including gathering
feedback for three days on the dev list where dozen of volunteers stated
it was ready to be tested by the general public.

We are unaware of any major bugs in this beta. So if you found a bug
it's a real bug. We don't throw out stuff just for you to test. If you
give more details you'll help us in making our final 4.1 release better.

Regards,
   Andrea.