openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tubular <tubu...@iinet.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta released
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:02:03 GMT
John, please forgive me if I appear not to be the brightest bulb;
however, if an email you receive clearly states it is a beta test, why
did you bother to waste an hour of your life?  The next question, why
fill up my inbox with a note that clearly blames someone else for
something you chose to do?

Thank you for listening -
One of the Elderly who is very thankful for those who created this
product and have patience to wait for them to get if finished before
trying the updated version.

John Young wrote:
> Thank you for an hour of my life lost forever!
>

> The link leads to a site to download the source files - no use to me.
>
> I eventually found a link to the executable but when installed it only produced frequent
errors and was difficult to uninstall.

> Please don't send links to untested releases to users like myself who are unable to deal
with them.

> When the final version is released I'm sure I will be grateful for your efforts. (Particularly
if you fix the minor bugs relating to Finder in OSX Mavericks.)

> Nonetheless, thank you for a great free program.
>
> John
>

> On 10 Mar 2014, at 15:48, Juergen Schmidt <jsc@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate
>> availability of OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta  You can download it from our
>> website [1].
>>
>> We release Beta versions of OpenOffice to get early feedback from
>> users.  Beta versions may have more bugs than GA releases and may not
>> be suitable for tasks which require the highest level of stability.
>> Beta versions are recommended for experienced users who are willing to
>> share their feedback with the OpenOffice project.
>>
>> The 4.1.0 Beta update includes many bug fixes as well as new
>> translations: Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmål and Thai.
>>
>> Highlight of this new version is the integrated iAccessible2 support
>> that is a huge milestone to support users with disabilities better on
>> the windows platform. It's the work of many month of development and QA.
>>

>> Details of new features and enhancements in this release are described
>> in the Release Notes [2].
>>
>> Those interested in the source code can download it via the links on
>> this page [3].
>>
>> Bug reports can be entered in our Bugzilla database, details can be
>> found under [4].  Questions and other feedback, good or bad, can be sent
>> to our users mailing list at users@openoffice.apache.org.
>>
>> Thanks in advance to our Beta Testers!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Juergen Schmidt, Apache OpenOffice Release Manager and member of the
>> Project Management Committee
>>

>> [1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/
>>
>> [2]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes