openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tubular <tubu...@iinet.com>
Subject Re: Problem with OpenOffice path
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:59:59 GMT
To have control over where downloads are saved using FoxFire, Click
"Tools" ; "Options" ; "General" then look for "Downloads" you will see
"Show the Downloads window . . . " ; "Save Files to " ; "Always Ask Me
where to save files" select "Always Ask Me" option to give you control
to save file where you want it.   Upon request to download a file, a
little box will open giving an opportunity to direct the file to the
proper directory for saving.

Dictating where files are saved when downloaded is a function of the
browser NOT OpenOffice nor Excel nor MS Word nor WordPerfect nor Lotus
nor Adobe.

Evens MIDY wrote:
> Thank you Chari and Andrea,*
>
> Is there not a way to check all the default paths used by openoffice
> directory (other than Tool->Option->Path)?
>
> I will try with different browser to see if  the same thing happening.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Shari Lynn Smith <webweaver64@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I believe this is either related to windows or the browser. I have the same
>> thing happen when opening files online.
>>
>> I found this on Firefox but haven't yet found a way to change it.
>>
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10025
>>
>> I have just learned to save as when I see its happened.
>>
>> Shari
>>
>> powered by android
>> On Mar 8, 2014 5:14 PM, "Evens MIDY" <evens.midy@esih.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
>>> openoffice.
>>> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
>>> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the
>>>
>> file
>>
>>> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>>>
>>> Good Regards,

-----
No virus found in this message.