openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: I'm not certain if I . . .
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 00:23:36 GMT
Hyperlinks are recognized by default, but you can switch if off, go to:
*Tools --> AutoCorrect Options* the third tab *Options* allows you to
deselect
the *URL R**ecognition*  there are two check boxes [M] Modify [T] Type
best is to deselect both.
As your manuscript has already the URLs recognized you need to select
them and
reformat them (Cntr M).

On 6-3-2014 10:07, Jim Porter, Sr. wrote:
> . . . have directed my concerns to the right place. They are these: * I have tried to
get help about a matter through reading theforums. My particular issue IS dealt with in theforums,
but my trying the solutions suggested have not solved my problem. * I tried to register for
the forums, but I cannot findmy particular edition of my OpenOffice, so I cannotregister for
forum response. * If you can tell me where to go to find answer to theseissues, I will be
glad to comply. I cannot turn of the hyperlink. I have read the forums aboutthis problem,
but none of the solutions suggestions haveworked for me. The simplest one, use control + M,
which some havefound very successful, has done nothing. I am getting blue, underlined paragraphs.
Have tried rightarrow but that does nothing.  I know that the hyperlink is engaged, but I
cannot disengage it.As a result my manusript, a novel that has been accepted bya publisher,
is currently unfinished.  I admit that I am a frightened to use some of the suggestedremedies,
but I have gone ahead and tried them, much to myconsternation that they do nothing.  I need
help. Thank you.   Jim Porter