openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Total Noobie Question--Text Docs (Letters)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 22:56:11 GMT
Couple of comments:

1. If you are not able to solve your problem based on the provided
feedback, respond and say so; for example, "I tried your advice, and I
had trouble with ..."

2. I usually create a document that is configured the way that I want,
and then I save that document as a "template".

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Creating_a_template

Sounds like you need to modify a page style

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Working_with_page_styles

although the advice provided by Chuck (email to the list) will probably
do exactly what you want.

On 03/04/2014 02:51 PM, MSAESQ wrote:
> Apologies if I’m in the wrong department.
>
> I have used MS Word for years but for many reasons I want to replace it with Open Office.
>
> I tried my first business letter today (without making a Template unless a Template will
help me in the long run).

> If I can get ALL of my Open Office Letters set up as follows that would be great but
I cannot seem to do it in proper sequence (or at all).

> Letter Size (8.5” X 11 “); Single Line Spacing; Full Justified Margins without hyphenizations
(if the word cannot fit on a line continue full word on next line); Space to each side margins
0.8 “; Space from top: 1.4”
> Space from bottom : 1.2”; Space between paragraphs: 1 blank line.
>
> I’m not sure whether this question (asking for some type of sequencing/selection options/saving)
is far too complex for a response or far too simple but I spent >1hour simply trying to
setup a Doc/Letter page per
> the above and it seemed if I got part of it right, other aspects I had no clue.
>
> Any dumbed-down assistance appreciated (and will get me away from MS Word). If I’m
in the wrong department a link to the correct area of Open Office would be helpful.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php