openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: Open Office Problem
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 02:46:42 GMT
First of all your question was not very clear.

On 4-3-2014 12:58, Susan Wiebusch wrote:
> I wish that I hadn't downloaded this program to begin with.  It has produced nothing
but problems.  Example, when I type a date in word or Excel, it stubbornly defaults to numbers
 i.e.2/5/14.  I may have a situation where I want the words.  Another example is in Excel.
 In Word, I can go to the top and make the appropriate click so that I get an automatic ,.
 It is maddening.
You have chosen to download OpenOfice without knowing how it support
your demands.
> The person helping me on the phone when I bought this program (not knowing that I wasn't
just buying word)  led me through steps to have the default program to be Open Office.  I
assume that there are steps have the default program be Word and Excel again.
OpenOffice has no phone support, so why don't you go back to the person
that gave you bad advice in the first place?
Also OpenOffice is free so why did you pay for something that you can
get for free?

> Background - The reason that I bought it was that I had a crash and had to download my
stuff from Carbonite.  For awhile, Word was absent so I went on line to order it.  That is
when I bought Open Office when all I wanted was word again.  I didn't realize that it was
going to produce problems until the above problems kept occurring.
OpenOffice don't produce problems, but users starting using applications
without a basic knowledge are causing the problems.

> So, quite simply, how do I change the default back to the old Word program?  If it can
be done one way there should be an easy way to undo it.  BTW, the Command click you mentioned
didn't work.
Please go back to Carbonite and ask them.

> Susan
>
> P.S.  How about a phone number so I can quickly resolve this.  A real person on the phone
helped me download this program and this is when the default to Open Office was done.
The phone number of Carbonite is: 877-222-5488.
> On Mar 3, 2014, at 12:42 PM, Susan Wiebusch <swiebusch@me.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I change the default so that Word opens, not Open Office.  I don't like Open
Office defaults.