openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: Need Help
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 12:56:30 GMT
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 12:11:40 +0000
Vanessa Silva <> wrote:

> Hello,
> i’ve written a book, took me over 200 hours, saved it with open Office writer and made
a Password for it. Then i didn’t use the document in a while and now i forgot the Password.
Please help me, i Need my book back! Can i send you the document per E-Mail? can you erase
dthe Password? Please, i beg you. I Need it!
> I’ll wait for your answer.
> Vanessa Silva

OpenOffice passwords are effectively unbreakable. You need to sit there and try variations
of what you think password might be. Remember passwords are case sensitive.

The file can, I understand, be decoded by brute force methods, which may take hours/days/weeks
depending on computer speed. I know nothing about these, so cannot help further.

Rory O'Farrell <>

List Conduct Guidelines:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: