openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Need Help
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 12:56:30 GMT
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 12:11:40 +0000
Vanessa Silva <vanessa--silva@live.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> i’ve written a book, took me over 200 hours, saved it with open Office writer and made
a Password for it. Then i didn’t use the document in a while and now i forgot the Password.
Please help me, i Need my book back! Can i send you the document per E-Mail? can you erase
dthe Password? Please, i beg you. I Need it!

> I’ll wait for your answer.
>

> Vanessa Silva

OpenOffice passwords are effectively unbreakable. You need to sit there and try variations
of what you think password might be. Remember passwords are case sensitive.

The file can, I understand, be decoded by brute force methods, which may take hours/days/weeks
depending on computer speed. I know nothing about these, so cannot help further.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>