openoffice-users mailing list archives

From John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: I'm not certain if I . . .
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 03:37:22 GMT
On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:23:36 +1100
Martin Groenescheij <Martin@Groenescheij.COM> dijo:

>Hyperlinks are recognized by default, but you can switch if off, go to:
>*Tools --> AutoCorrect Options* the third tab *Options* allows you to
>deselect
>the *URL R**ecognition*  there are two check boxes [M] Modify [T] Type
>best is to deselect both.
>As your manuscript has already the URLs recognized you need to select
>them and
>reformat them (Cntr M).

I have long had those two checkboxes deselected, yet when I copy and
paste from a web site containing an URL, the URL is still recognized as
an URL. Deselecting those two checkboxes accomplishes nothing.

And I sympathize with the original poster; it is not easy to get rid of
the URL formatting. The only way I have been able to do it is to select
the entire document and copy it to the clipboard, open a new blank
document, and then use Paste Special (Ctrl-Shift-v). This allows the
option of pasting the text in as unformatted text. And finally, save
the new document and trash the old one.

Unfortunately, Paste Special > Unformatted also loses all other
formatting, e.g., bold, italic, font choices, etc.