openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: newest version download deleted my files
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:17:36 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:58:23 -0600
Jane Parmer <jjparmer@msn.com> wrote:

> i keep getting this error when i try to access my document:   documents.library-ms is
no longer working. when i used the path you suggested below the files i have accessed last
week are not showing in there. i have several files that i use on a weekly basis and they
are not there. why would this have happened. how can i get them back?

All I can suggest is that you use the computer's search facility to search for the name (or
partial name) of one of the files.

A quick search threw up this thread which offered a fix
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/documentslibrary-ms-is-no-longer-working/0845e8c3-4097-47e8-887a-ae875aa7c4b6

I don't use Windows 7, so know nothing about this.

> > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:26:20 +0000
> > From: ofarrwrk@iol.ie
> > To: users@openoffice.apache.org
> > CC: jjparmer@msn.com
> > Subject: Re: newest version download deleted my files
> >
> > On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:19:38 -0600
> > Jane Parmer <jjparmer@msn.com> wrote:
> >
> > > correct. all the files i had in there are gone.

from my 3.4 open office org. those are important documents and I cant believe it did this.
how do I get them back? I tried repairing the download but nothing is working..........help,,,,,,,

show in /File /Recent Documents?

> > /Files /Recent Documents is only a list pf shortcuts to your files. They should
still be on your hard disk in whatever directory you originally saved them in. Such directory
is usually pointed to by /Tools /Options OpenOffice : Paths, My Documents.