openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: newest version download deleted my files
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 16:26:20 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:19:38 -0600
Jane Parmer <jjparmer@msn.com> wrote:

> correct. all the files i had in there are gone.
>
> > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:14:22 +0000
> > From: ofarrwrk@iol.ie
> > To: users@openoffice.apache.org
> > CC: jjparmer@msn.com
> > Subject: Re: newest version download deleted my files
> >
> > On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:47:16 +0000
> > Jane Parmer <jjparmer@msn.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I downloaded the 4.0 as it was offered and it deleted all my files from my
3.4 open office org. those are important documents and I cant believe it did this. how do
I get them back? I tried repairing the download but nothing is working..........help,,,,,,,

> > When you say "deleted all my files from 3.4", do you mean that they don't show in
/File /Recent Documents?

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>

/Files /Recent Documents is only a list pf shortcuts to your files. They should still be on
your hard disk in whatever directory you originally saved them in. Such directory is usually
pointed to by /Tools /Options OpenOffice : Paths, My Documents.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>