openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Amin Jacek Pedziwiater,ASUSCOREURUS,:IBMM" <>
Subject RE: Document won't open
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:38:40 GMT
Answer 1 to Question 1 :
Generally 'yes' excluding two types of file extension
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
Sent: 28 February, 2014 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: Document won't open

On 02/27/2014 11:08 PM, Nicholas Micalone wrote:
> Open Office documents do not open when clicking on a
document in
> "Documents". A document will open in Sandboxie,
recover mode; however,
> in front of the title is a tilde and the word "Lock".
> I have attached a screen shot. Please help. I have
spent many hours
> trying to unlock via File Assassin and scanned three
times each with
> Avast, Malwarebytes and Kasperski, all to no avail.
No viruses found.
> My OS is Windows XP SP3, Duckduckgo as a search
engine and Firefox as
> the browser. I am somewhat of a newbie (barely
graduated Computer
> 101 after the third go-around).
> Thanx; Nick M.
I do not know if you are subscribed, so I copied you

Question 1: If you run AOO and use File > Open, are you
able to open the

If yes, then your problem is that the file type is not
associated to AOO.

I know almost nothing about sandboxie, but, given the
description, it is
possible that may make it not possible to work.

This may help

Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document:

List Conduct Guidelines: