openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Jim McLaughlin <jjim.mclaugh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Postal Bar Code Add on - US
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 03:33:03 GMT
Mr. Jordan -

Thank you for the information.

I had never thought of that with respect to the USPS.

Back when I used the WP 8 feature, it seemed that mail with the barcode for
the nine digit zip did result in a  one full day faster delivery.

There was once upon a  time before I retired as the Secretary of a hobby
group that I did have 800 or so pieces of mail to send as business or bulk
rate stuff.  But that was probably 15 - 20 years ago.

The fellow who is now performing that function for the group posts it to
our websiter and E mail the stuff.

Still, I will miss the bar code for the 9 digit zip on the envelopes /
mailing labels.  Some how, it just looks better, more complete and
professional, with the bar code for trhe 9 digit zip.

Thank you again for the information.

I guess my age is showing.

Jim McLaughlin