openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Lumi" <l...@lumilinna.co.uk>
Subject Adding comments on footnotes
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:41:27 GMT
I am using Open Office 4.0.1 to edit a document loaded as a Microsoft Word (.doc file) .

Adding marginal comments using Ctrl/Alt/C in the main text is straightforward. Adding comments
on a footnote is not. The RH slide bar to move through text simply jumps repeatedly across
the existing screen text.

As a temporary measure, I have added an explanatory comment attached to the footnote number
in the main text, referring to the difficulty and listing the changes I wanted made to the
footnote itself. Is there a neater way of doing this? Or have I uncovered a genuine bug in
the program?

Regards

Gordon Snow

Mary and Gordon Snow