openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "davidbath" <da...@davidbath.plus.com>
Subject Uninitiateds basic question
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:39:46 GMT
Dear Open Office

Sorry to be contacting you on this, but I seem to be making little headway with  what appears
to be just what I need but is way above my head.

I imported a .wdb file which was put into Calc in cell “A” on 92 rows. I needed to Edit
4 records which I discovered how to do but it left the boxes highlighted in red. I do not
know what this means and have been unable to remove it.

I want to sort the complete file but found that the “Sort” selection was greyed out. To
me this indicated that some thing else needed to be done first. I tried “Select All” and
many other functions but have yet no luck.

I have consulted the “Tutorials” but there I cannot find any reference to my problems,
in desperation I hope you could point me in right direction.

If it is possible that you could assist I would be most grateful.

Regards

David  Bath