openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Document won't open
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 06:21:03 GMT

On 02/27/2014 11:08 PM, Nicholas Micalone wrote:
> Open Office documents do not open when clicking on a document in
> "Documents". A document will open in Sandboxie, recover mode; however,
> in front of the title is a tilde and the word "Lock".
> I have attached a screen shot. Please help. I have spent many hours
> trying to unlock via File Assassin and scanned three times each with
> Avast, Malwarebytes and Kasperski, all to no avail. No viruses found.
> My OS is Windows XP SP3, Duckduckgo as a search engine and Firefox as
> the browser. I am somewhat of a newbie (barely graduated Computer
> 101 after the third go-around).
> Thanx; Nick M.

I do not know if you are subscribed, so I copied you directly....

Question 1: If you run AOO and use File > Open, are you able to open the
file?

If yes, then your problem is that the file type is not associated to AOO.

I know almost nothing about sandboxie, but, given the description, it is
possible that may make it not possible to work.

This may help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

--
Andrew Pitonyak