openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Martin Groenescheij <Mar...@Groenescheij.COM>
Subject Re: Uninitiateds basic question
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 01:30:41 GMT
As you are not subscribed to the mailing list you have missed  the
answer from Andrew Pitonyak.

His suggestion was that it could be that you Record Changes.
You could switch it of under Edit --> Changes ... Record.
See this article
<https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11351> in the
forum.

To make sure you see all answers you should subscribe to this mailing list.

On 19-2-2014 22:01, davidbath wrote:
> Dear Mr Groenescheji
> Thank you  for your fantastically fast reply. Unfortunately none of
> the replies in the forum were applicable, however I have worked out
> how to do it. The only thing I have not found out is the significance
> of the RED outline to the cell after I have manipulated entry.  Could
> you tell  me what it means.
> Regards
> David  Bath

what appears to be just what I need but is way above my head.

>> I imported a .wdb file which was put into Calc in cell "A" on 92 rows. I needed to
Edit 4 records which I discovered how to do but it left the boxes highlighted in red. I do
not know what this means and have been unable to remove it.

>> I want to sort the complete file but found that the "Sort" selection was greyed out.
To me this indicated that some thing else needed to be done first. I tried "Select All" and
many other functions but have yet no luck.

>> I have consulted the "Tutorials" but there I cannot find any reference to my problems,
in desperation I hope you could point me in right direction.