openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Uninitiateds basic question
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:37:13 GMT
Forwarded to OP, not subscribed to the list.

Hagar

Le 18/02/2014 16:48, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak a écrit :

> On 02/18/2014 09:39 AM, davidbath wrote:
>> Dear Open Office
>>
>> Sorry to be contacting you on this, but I seem to be making little headway with
what appears to be just what I need but is way above my head.

> Someone here will hopefully know the answers :-)
>

>> I imported a .wdb file which was put into Calc in cell “A” on 92 rows.
>
> Did not know we could read wdb files...
>
>> I needed to Edit 4 records which I discovered how to do but it left the boxes highlighted
in red. I do not know what this means and have been unable to remove it.

> So the background of the cell is red, just the outline is red?
>
> I expect that "change tracking" is turned on, but I am only guessing:
>
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11351
>

>> I want to sort the complete file but found that the “Sort” selection was greyed
out. To me this indicated that some thing else needed to be done first. I tried “Select
All” and many other functions but have yet no luck.

> What if you select only the cells that you want to sort? Is the sort method still greyed
out?

>> I have consulted the “Tutorials” but there I cannot find any reference to my
problems, in desperation I hope you could point me in right direction.