openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Adding comments on footnotes
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:05:09 GMT

.

> Adding marginal comments using Ctrl/Alt/C in the main text is straightforward. Adding
comments on a footnote is not. The RH slide bar to move through text simply jumps repeatedly
across the existing screen text.

> As a temporary measure, I have added an explanatory comment attached to the footnote
number in the main text, referring to the difficulty and listing the changes I wanted made
to the footnote itself. Is there a neater way of doing this? Or have I uncovered a genuine
bug in the program?

> Regards
>
> Gordon Snow

The MS Office filters have been reverse engineered, so some anomalies are to be expected.
I've tried commenting a footnote: saved as .odt, this reloads correctly. Saved as .doc (Word
97), the comment is lost on reload.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>