openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Aspects <paul.simmo...@aspects.net>
Subject Re: All essay text turned to hashtags--commentary
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:30:37 GMT
With apologies, but can we get back to finding a solution to this problem rather than slagging
each other (and AOO) off.

I have used this suite since version 2 on OS X, Linux and Both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows.
I have only ever suffered minor glitches with formatting and some eccentricities with the
spell-checker: both of them known and cured at the next minor version update.

This is unusual and sounds very much as if a file format was wrongly applied at the last save.
Can we all concentrate on getting these two problems solved: finding some way of recovering
the document and tracing down the glitch that caused this.

Paul Simmonds
Sent from my mobile

> On 5 Jan 2014, at 05:23, Gary Frost <glfrost@me.com> wrote:
>
> I don't get it either. I've never had any of these problems during years of use.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jan 4, 2014, at 10:07 PM, TN Patriot <irgunii@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 22:59:31 -0500
>> "Anthony J. Rudgers" <anthonyrudgers@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings All!
>>>
>>> The present "hashtag" problem is is symptomatic of the entire OO software
>>> suite.  An ordinary user of OO, doing ordinary things w/ a word processor or

>>> other office-suite software, suddenly gets something that is really screwy,
>>> & doesn't know what to do to fix it.  Much of their production gets lost,
or
>>> else, they spend a lot of time attempting to get their WP document or
>>> spreadsheet the way they want it by trying again & again to get around
>>> built-in or default features (or bugs!) of OO that they don't understand or
>>> know how to modify (& OO documentation, as I have found, is meager &

>>> inadequate).  Unless you're a long-time & dedicated user, the OO suite never