openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reading and Exporting spreadsheets--another commentary
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 03:28:15 GMT
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Anthony J. Rudgers
<anthonyrudgers@att.net> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Here's (imho) another example of the symptoms of the coding flaws inherent
> in the present OOo software suite.  You do something according to one set of
> seemingly-valid protocols & get one result (or, perhaps, non-result), & then
> you do it according to another set of also-valid protocols, & get an
> entirely different result (or non-result).   This, at least to me, would
> indicate that there are instances of differing, &, consequently,
> inconsistent, coding within OOo.  I've experienced a similar inconsistency
> in OOo code in another area.
>
> I submit this query.  Do proponents of OOo software, want to deal w/ &
> correct such problems, deny they exist, ignore them & "move on" (as embodied
> in the posting: "I'm tired of this thread, can't we talk about something
> else?"), throw up their hands & say that such inherent problems are just "a
> fact of life--so live w/ them," or, simply, verbally abuse & belittle the
> OOo users who point them out to this "community"?

So I take it that you have completely diagnosed the problem and
determined that it is a bug in OpenOffice and not a configuration
issue in Cygwin.  Wow, that was fast!  Maybe now that you've
troubleshooted and debugged the issue you would be so kind as to
submit a patch to fix it?  Or write up a report in Bugzilla detailing
how you reproduced the problem and showed that it was an OpenOffice
issue?

Regards,

-Rob