openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All essay text turned to hashtags
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 18:51:15 GMT
On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM, James <jlambert@inebraska.com> wrote:
> I have never encountered any such problem with OO. I am running Open Office
> 4.1 under windows 8.1 on a Hewlett Packard HP p2-1334 desk top.
> Jim Lambert

Same with me.  I've been using OpenOffice exclusively since 2005, on a
daily basis and I've never lost a file.  Of course, I have had two
hard drives fail, a USB sticks die, and once had a virus corrupt a
machine.  So for me personally, these kinds of problems are more
frequent than issues with the reliability saving in OpenOffice.
Because of that I do regular online backups of my important files.

-Rob